Thursday, January 24, 2013

Molasses Spice Cookies


My grandparents are getting old, as grandparents tend to do. 
And upon moving out of their house and into a retirement facility, they have 
shed their grandparent exo-skeleton of stuff. 
Stuff like an antique fishing lure collection, a giant stereo that would have made 
me the coolest chick ever in the 80's, and spices. 
Every spice you could ever imagine, and even some that you couldn't.
And guess who was granted all of these gems

This guy, right here. 

Shoving past the 4 varieties of Mrs. Dash and the dried herbs in a jar that make you
wonder if grandma was getting into somethin' a little funky on the side, 
there were bountiful amounts of herbs and spices to welcome to my cabinets. 
(along with a new lazy Susan, just upgrading my old lady status a bit.)

So, in honor of my lovely grandma and my newly adopted spice cabinet, we have for you 
today a cookie that welcomes not one, not two, but FIVE spices.
Is it worth it? Let me work it.





These molasses spice cookies kind of taste like a cross between
 a snicker doodle and a ginger bread cookie.
 They are soft and chewy and fabulous and I may or may not have eaten them for breakfast.
and lunch.

This is what adults do, clearly. 





This playlist will sing you through your measuring cup's first dip into the flour pot
til the time when your oven mit closes in around the cookie sheet. 
Enjoy!

                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment