Sunday, October 27, 2013

Citrus Sage Mimosas






This weekend brought my 22nd birthday. 

When you turn 21, you expect your belly button to morph into 
a shot glass indefinitely,
 all of your clothes to turn into
 state school memorabilia and mini skirts, 
and to somehow develop a slight new jersey accent, maybe. 

Well, now that 21 has come to a close, I can
say that the reality of it is that
you still drink out of cups, 
your accent is still vaguely Minnesotan, 
and you mostly just work and go to school 
all of the time. 

So what does 22 promise? 
Taylor Swift says that I'm going to be lonely in the "best way"
(like, THIS LONELINESS IS THE GREATEST THRILL OF MY LIFE!)
and dance, and feel 
and be miserable,
yet somehow magical. 


If that doesn't sound promising, 
I sure as hell don't know what does!
















So until the promised magical misery and hipster clothing of 
being 22 rolls around, I'm going to
wrap myself in classy things and cling to my friends. 

Inspired by my birthday outing to the Violet Hour,
this mimosa-meets-cocktail teeters between savory and sweet
and pairs unusual flavors in a way that makes them
seem less unusual and more so just pink and 
bubbly and delicious.  








Since your next years prospects are looking arguably
unfortunate, you're gonna need to find some
room in your schedule for some keister shakin'.

These are the dancing-est songs of all time.
Get to groovin' folks. 




                                               




Until the next, dears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment