Monday, January 19, 2015

Chia Seed Pudding



I am terrible at getting up in the morning.

Like 
sleep-in-my-clothes-for-tomorrow
wake-up-10-minutes-before-I-leave
bad..

Pathetic? Probably.

But listen, adulthood.
I learned how to file my own taxes.
I own a vacuum cleaner.
Isn't that enough for you?
You can't have all of me.
I still want to buy beer that costs less than a pop from 
an airport vending machine
and eat more freezie pops than dinner sometimes.

You can't take that away from me.


So anyways, I suck at waking up.
This means weekday breakfast generally consists of
Instant oatmeal, mints from the bottom of my purse, or whatever baked
goods people leave out in the break room at work.  
(Do I sound like a yogurt commercial yet? Good.)

That's why I was probably a little too excited 
when I tried this chia seed pudding.
It's healthy as crap, it tastes like dessert, and it requires
NO EFFORT in the morning. 







RECIPE

5 TBSP. Chia Seeds
3 TBSP. Honey
1 TSP. Vanilla Extract
1/8 TSP. Salt
1 1/2 C. Coconut Milk


Instructions:  Combine all ingredients in a bowl. 
Stir thoroughly to remove lumps.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. 
Remove from fridge, give the mixture a good stir, 
and top with fruit, jam, nuts or granola. 











Happy Eating!

Until the next!





No comments:

Post a Comment