Thursday, April 9, 2015

If that's what you're into..

I have been getting requests from readers lately to share more 
of my personal life on here.

First of all, getting requests made me feel fancy. 
I have readers? I have readers!

However, I have been hesitant to share personal details of my life for one big reason.

Blogs generally tend to make life seem very glamorous 
and perfect and easy to the viewer.

That's bullshit. Nobody's life is like an "Amelie" trailer 
all of the time. 


So in the nature of that conversation, I bring to you 

Life vol. 1 - Things that are helping me survive the quarter life crisis!




1) Memoirs of awesome ladies-
Awesome successful ladies write memoirs to tell all of us fumbling young kids the miserable stories of their adolescence. Y'know, to make us feel better about ourselves. Tina Fey worked at the YMCA front desk when she was my age, and now she's Tina Fey. You can handle this.




1) Not Your Mother's Dry Shampoo- 
Waking up is hard. Waking up early enough to shower every day is even harder. This dry shampoo is my best friend when I wake up with 10 minutes to get ready for work (a lot. Okay, pretty much every day.) I have tried a few kinds and this brand is my favorite so far. It makes your hair feel clean and soft. 



1) Following donut shops on Instagram- Life is too short not to see 6 pictures of donuts every time you look at your phone. It will turn your mood around 100% of the time.


1) Joy the Baker Podcast- I sit at a desk for 8 hours a day. That is a ton of hours. While I am usually a fan of podcasts that teach me wealths of knowledge or talk about murder,
I gotta say that this one kills hours like NO OTHER. It is just a podcast of 2 friends shootin' the breeze, but I throw it on at work and an hour goes by in NO TIME.





What are your life crisis vices?
 That would probably make a good hashtag, if I were cool enough for hashtags. 

Until the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment