Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Lush Convert



So, in my experience attending college in this day in age,
 I have learned a new four letter word. 

That word is LUSH. 

If you mention the LUSH brand to any woman between the age of 14 and 40
they will get these big doe-y eyes on and melt into a puddle of 
rainbows right before your eyes. 

Like, you'd think someone just told them 
"Hey! We are remaking the old titanic and we are going to photoshop your face over Kate Winslet's for the whole movie!"
or
"Bambie's mom didn't die! It was an illusion!"

That kind of all-encompassing whole-body type reaction of the purest happiness possible. 
That happens. 
Every time.

Being one who is more apt to the $2 family sized bottle of shampoo and wouldn't 
know what to do with eyeshadow if I had to try, I was not
really jumping at the chance to climb aboard the LUSH love train.

However, this semester in my commercial photo studies, I was looking to step outside of my ever-comfortable food box.

I wanted to have an intent, a specific client, a brand to represent. 
I wanted to try something new. 

Of course, the first word out of everyones mouth was LUSH. 
So it happened. 
And I gotta say I am now on team LUSH. It's kind of like team Edward 
except for more expensive and less sparkly, probably. 







So, there is a little taste of what my school work looks like. 
As far as the actual products go, i'll give you a little 2 cents. 


The Shampoo Bars (pictured with the macaroons)-

They kick ass. That tiny little thing is going to wash my hair and make me
smell nice until September. Longevity is key when shopping for
cookie-looking shampoo related products. Hattie approved.



The Latte Lip Tint-

While i'm sure the only time that i'll ever use it is when I had to put it on to make those
lip marks on that mug, it is probably still a quality product.
 It was a little flossy for my personal taste (Shiny things and my face are not really on speaking terms)
but i'm sure it would make the right face really happy. 
It tasted good. 
That counts for things. 



The Cupcake Face Mask-

It made my oily teenage girl-esque skin feel very adult-like and not oily for a nice while. 
Always a good thing. 
Also, it smells delicious. I'm pretty sure that it probably also tastes delicious. 
I'll let you know. 



And a special thanks to my girl Bailey at Fritz Pastry for being an awesome assistant. 
Not just anybody will fluff and re-fluff your latte, and kiss a napkin for you,
and let your make a huge mess in the corner of their coffee shop. 

Nope, that is a special kind of love. 
So thanks, doll :)


Until the next, lovlies!

No comments:

Post a Comment